Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mirrors

I figure that since I went and saw it twice, I should do a post on it. Even though, I'm completely convinced that it's not in theaters back home anymore.

It actually wasn't good enough to see twice, please refer to The Dark Knight in case you're confused on what's good enough. It was an accident. I went with a friend to the movies and she picked the movie, I had honestly forgotten that I'd seen it until the first scene. That's how much of an impression it made.

If you read my post on Midnight Meat Train, you'll know how much I love shitty little horror flicks. This one didn't quite cut it. It wasn't shitty enough to be endearing and it wasn't good enough to wait for on DVD.

Keefer Sutherland plays the main, a formally undercover cop that shot a police officer and gets a job at a burned down department store as a night security guard. Crazy shit starts happening with the mirrors and eventually every reflective object he comes in contact with.

First off, I don't like loose ends. Unless you are making a sequel, they are totally annoying. They never explain what the circumstances were with the shooting. I got all the way to the end of the movie wondering what happened. They write the whole thing off with "it was an accident". That's the only explanation you get. annoying...

The deaths were mediocre at best. Although I'm sure that if I were a ghost in a mirror I probably wouldnt fuck around either. Just get it over with, right? I was dissapointed to see Amy Smart go so quickly, but I guess they had to do something to make Keefer stand out. I think the best one was... Oh wait, there were only two, if you don't count the nun.

Other than that, it wasn't bad or good, it was fairly predictable though. I'm sure you can even get the ending in the first ten minutes if you really think about it. Just another reason for me to get a small popcorn and a large coke. Which is absolutely required.

No comments: